Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Onteora, The Land in the Sky

A random thought crossed my mind today. I had been reminicing baout times past and I decided to look up a place where I had spent some pleasurable time during the summers while I was a teenager - Liberty, New York. I had been working at a Boy Scout camp outside of the nearby town of Livingston Manor, NY and, on my days off, I frequently went to Liberty for some "rest and relaxation."

My web searches led me to a few sites directly related to my time in that area, including a site by Bill Cotter. It seems like a century ago, but in the late 1960s, I worked as a staff member at this camp! I also found out that there is an alumni association, with their own web site. The photo above is borrowed from their web site. Maybe I will join the association...

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home