Friday, January 18, 2013

Gun Control, Again

A rather liberal friend who read my recent post, commented to me that I must believe that controlling assault weapons is a "good thing." I laughed and responded that the push to control assault weapons and large capacity magazines was a waste of time and effort. Very few crimes are committed with assault weapons. In almost all crimes which involve a gun, the gun used was a handgun.

This friend also chastised me for not talking about urban gang violence. I have no experience with urban gang violence and, thus, do not feel qualified to talk about it. But again, according to a little quick online research, their gun of choice is the handgun. This same research showed that the cities with the worst gun-related violence have the strictest handgun control laws. "Google" it yourself.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home