Monday, June 18, 2007

Father's Day 2007

Well, it was one hell of a Father's Day. The weather was wild! I had hoped that we could check out another Texas park, but when we woke up, it was already raining and the sky threatened worse.

My wife made breakfast for me. I know, that sounds normal, but in this house that is not the norm. I am usually up before she is, especailly on the weekends, and I am the one who makes breakfast. Of course, if one of the children gets up first, they never make breakfast. They just play on the computer or watch televsion. I got up when my wife brought me coffee in the bedroom.

It rained off and on all day. Some times it was heavy; sometimes light. Because of the weather, we did not get any outdoor work done. The weather really took a turn for the worse about 18:00. We were alerted to a tornado warning for our area. Between the wind and the rain, our lights flickered several times. Our tennant in the bunkhouse lost power entirely. I do not know how much rain fell. Check my wife's blog for that informaton.

Good thing we did not lose power. My wife made a ham dinner. If the power failed, it would be pretty difficult to bake a ham on the bar-be-que. Although we have propane for hot water and for the clothes drier, we have an electric stove and oven. We did not lose power and dinner turned out great! She even served an apple pie for desert!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home